Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Life is looking good.

Life really is looking good.  Every day is not perfect or easy but as I look around at my many blessings I feel happy.  I have my wonderful Michael, who is an amazing husband and father.  He has started his master's degree at the University of Phoenix in Business Management.  He is working full time while going to school, which is hard core.  He manages to do all of that while spending time with us and puts God first in everything.  He inspires me to be better.

Carter and Caleb are healthy and happy kids.  Carter is becoming more imaginative and has started playing more independently (not needing mommy to play with him so much - although the invitations are frequent).  He is so much more independent in potty and eating needs too.  He will be starting preschool next Tuesday and he is quite excited.  I can't believe how much my little boy has grown.

Caleb is a very mobile crawler, soon to be walker.  He is finally sleeping much better (as of the week of Christmas), only waking up once or twice at night and can put himself to sleep most of the time.  He loves food and eats a lot of things.

Our church schedule changed to 1-4 with the new year but will be changed to 11-2.  Happy day - no more exhausted Caleb at church, although he did pretty well just falling asleep during the last hour.

I am the second counselor in our Primary.  It is a busy calling but I am starting to get used to it.  I really enjoy getting to know kids in our ward.  

The snow is slowly melting.  I can't wait for warmer weather again!!  I am excited to start running outside again and playing with Carter and Caleb outside.  We are ready to enjoy summer activities more this year because Caleb is bigger and will do better outside than he did last year.  Yeah for summer!!!

I am still working three days a week from home as a medical transcriptionist.  It isn't a perfect job, but I feel blessed to work from home and have more time with my boys.  I love to spend time with them and help them with the things they need.  I love talking to my Carter who has something to say about everything and I love my Caleb who is full of curiosity and cuddles.  They make me so happy.

Michael and I are excited for this new year.  We know it will have its challenges but we are already seeing many blessings.  The best one is knowing we have a Heavenly Father who has a plan for us and that He loves us and is always with us if we let Him.

Happy 2014!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment